From MDWikiJump to navigationJump to search
System administrator to do list:
- More permanently label ports in office (MDVLAN/Chemistry/Off). This requires activating ports and ensuring they remain active
- BACS router firewall @ 126.96.36.199. This is to make login servers more accessible and to protect workstations
- Allow incoming connections from everywhere (incl. UQ) to login servers only, on only ssh port, TCP
- Allow incoming DHCP/DNS
- Block everything else
- Allow all outgoing traffic
- Electronic door locks. Permanently: HPC room unlocked, main office unlocked, front door locked
- QCIF Backups.
- Create and use mdbackup account.
- Copy grape backup script to webserver. Seperate backup account?
- Turning computers on. Wake on lan set up for all PCs. Create script callable by anyone to wake up specific machines.
- Create /software/forever/ for programs and scripts that will be kept for a long time, regardless of system updates
- Benchmark LAN speeds. Gigabit? Check all cables are CAT6
- Serve /data on workstations out to other workstations/cluster
- Scratch space on nodes, with auto delete
- Give more people access to WebDNS
- Create a homepage template such that all will have a unify homepage on the lab server.